Spicy Fish Tacos
By Lisa Shanken
August 14, 2015
Spicy Fish Tacos
- 1 lb Cod, Snapper, or Halibut cut into small fillets, skin off
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 cups green cabbage sliced finely into shreds or purchase pre-cut
- 1 cup carrots cut julienne or into shreds with a peeler
- 1/2 cup daikon* cut julienne or into shreds with a peeler
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Apple Juice
- 4 corn tortillas
- Brush 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon pepper, and salt onto fish fillets. Place in a skillet on medium heat and cook for approximately 8 minutes, until fish begins to flake.
- While fish is cooking, combine green cabbage, daikon, carrots, cilantro, and jalapeno (optional) into a bowl.
- In the mean time, place shredded cabbage into large broil pan and toss with remaining olive oil, remaining salt and lemon pepper.
- Next mix together lime juice, cider vinegar, apple juice, mustard, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix well, and pour over cabbage mixture to make a slaw.
- Place cooked fish on top of a corn tortilla, top with slaw. Can also add salsa in avocado** if you wish. Serve immediately.
- **See recipe for Salsa in Avocado
Calories: 457kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 26gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 1150mgPotassium: 1142mgFiber: 7gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 10950IUVitamin C: 77.6mgCalcium: 140mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.