I wear many hats, but they are all necessary pieces that fit together in one nice puzzle. I am a Certified Health Counselor, Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Yoga Instructor, Executive Functioning Coach, and Corporate Wellness Specialist.
After moving from New York to Boulder (previously I had mainly focused on nutrition and fitness), CO in 2013, I began to meld my passions for physical and mental wellness developing expertise in the significant and well-documented connections between the brain and the microbiome (a.k.a. the gut). I then journeyed down the path of how mental illness often coincides with a deficit in executive functioning. I began helping people by combining a wellness approach with teaching skills to build better executive functions and habits.
My personal journey and extensive training over more than 2 decades, plus my work with many colleagues in the fields of psychology and psychiatry, have resulted in the proven success of helping people get healthier, more self-confident, and improve their day to day lives. My kitchen in Boulder, CO is always stocked because I love to cook and to share my passion for wellness with my family and friends!
After receiving my B.S. from Cornell University where I began my own personal journey towards wellness, my newly discovered passion led to my formal training in New York City as an Accredited Health Counselor at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, as well as honing my culinary skills at the Natural Gourmet School and Pratt Institute.
I then earned my Personal Training Certification at the American Fitness Institute, my Yoga Certification through MyVinysasaFlow.com, and my Corporate Wellness Certification from Vital Advantage Corporate Wellness Consulting. I continue to consistently expand my expertise with continuing education courses on topics including family therapy, anxiety, depression, panic, integrative psychiatry, ADHD coaching, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that's realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about "balance," never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.
Balance is what leads to harmony, and ultimately to happiness…and isn’t happiness what we’re all seeking? Balance does not mean deprivation and guilt, because you can still indulge if you learn how to avoid over-indulgence. This applies to many things in life beyond food. It is also applicable to daily habits, both good and bad.
To discover your natural balance, you need some tools and resources:
- You need a roadmap so you know where you're going.
- You need a blueprint so you know what to do.
- You need a guide to show you how to do it, hold you accountable…and be your biggest fan and cheerleader during your quest!
Tri-Wellness is all of the above and integrates the three essential pillars of wellness:
- Nutrition and Fitness - Helping you tweak your food and exercise choices…so you can still enjoy your favorites without deprivation or guilt.
- New habit formation - Helping you implement new habits in a manageable way... so you can put your new plans into action.
- Sustainability - Helping you stay organized and accountable...so you can make lifelong changes you feel good about.
I assure you that anyone can learn these skills and strategies. So even if you can’t boil water, keep a tidy living/work space, or hold a yoga pose...you can do this. Tri-Wellness works. Tri-Wellness is life-changing. Tri-Wellness is fun! Try wellness the Tri-Wellness way and discover how to build your foundation! You’ll be amazed at the results.
- Learn to eat in a healthy way that never makes you feel deprived (and is sustainable for life). Never diet again!
- Get fit (at your own pace) with customized personal training.
- Discover your ideal mix of nutrition, fitness, and healthy cooking to achieve balance and happiness in your life.
- Reduce costs associated with healthcare and absenteeism by providing customized corporate wellness programs.
- Empower your employees to be healthier, more energized, and more productive for your organization.
- Boost employee morale by demonstrating your care for their wellbeing.
Festival Wellness Program
- Keep fans limber, loose, and full of energy by offering wellness classes and workshops.
- Attract great talent by offering wellness programs to festival artists and their families.
- Boost festival employee and crew morale by offering yoga and relaxation classes so they can re-energize.
Executive Functioning Coaching
- Conquer your organizational challenges and feel relaxed in your daily life.
- Never be late again for appointments, work, or family obligations.
- Create a realistic budget that doesn't make you feel strapped.