By Lisa Shanken
August 21, 2015
- 4 Turkey Burgers all white meat preferred, can also substitute with Veggie Burgers
- 2 cups Butter Lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Radiccho coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Endive coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber skin on, sliced
- 1 cup Vine Tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Feta crumbled
- 1 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- Preheat barbecue to medium high or skillet and grill or pan fry turkey burgers to medium rare.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, radicchio, endive, and cucumbers.
- Separate the tossed salad into 4 individual bowls and top with the cooked burgers. Add in tomatoes, tops with feta and sprouts.
- Serve immediately. The meat and the cheese give the salad a lot of natural flavor, but can also top with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and lemon or your favorite oil-based salad dressing.
Calories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 40gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 457mgPotassium: 231mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 4800IUVitamin C: 24.8mgCalcium: 180mgIron: 2.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.