By Lisa Shanken
August 21, 2015
- 1 lb Ground White Meat Turkey
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 4 Plum Tomatoes (aka Roma) chopped
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Whole Wheat Ziti
- Heat oil in large sauté pan.
- Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, Add onion, and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, and cook another 3-4 minutes, until zucchini softens.
- Add meat and cook about 8-10 minutes on medium-low light, until meat starts to brown, stirring often.
- . Add fresh and canned tomatoes as well as tomato paste, and bring to boil on high heat.
- Once bubbling, simmer on low light uncovered for about 50 minutes.
- Cook Ziti according to package directions.
- Remove from heat and add in fresh herbs, stirring well. Stir over Ziti.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.