Recipe – Chickpea Burgers
- 1 Scallion chopped
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Canned Chickpeas (rinsed) (save liquid)
- 2 tbsp Chickpea Can Liquid
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped or1/2 tsp dried
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Saute scallion and mushrooms in coconut oil.
- Combine chickpeas, tahini and chickpea liquid in a blender and blend until smoothe.
- In a bowl, mix together the scallions and mushrooms, chickpea blend, sunflower seeds and tumeric. Then mix in egg white, oats, and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With your hands, make burgers/patties, and then place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.