Dairy-Free Cream of Asparagus Soup
This delectable soup is a great way to satisfy a craving for a delicious, creamy soup without the dairy (and you won't even know it's missing!). Asparagus is also a great way to welcome spring, eat seasonally, and get a nice dose of Vitamin K, important for blood clotting, and folate, important for reproductive health in men and women.
Dairy Free Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup celery coarsely chopped
- 2 lbs asparagus bottoms trimmed, cut into one inch pieces
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 15 oz can light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the onion, garlic, celery, and asparagus in a large dutch oven, and cover with 2 cups of the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove vegetables and broth from heat and puree. Transfer puree to a separate bowl.
- Add in the remaining 2 cups of vegetable broth, mix, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the puree back in, and mix well, pureeing all together again.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Pour mixture into soup, mix well, and let cook for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Add in the coconut milk, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, and mix well. Heat for 5 more minutes and serve.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.