By Lisa Shanken
July 27, 2015
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 plum tomato chopped or 1 cup diced canned tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cooking sherry
- 2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs parsley, oregano, thyme, chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oil in soup pot, Add garlic and onion, and sauté about 3 minutes. Add zucchini, tomato, and cauliflower, and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add broth and ¼ cup sherry, and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes
- Add herbs, salt and pepper, and 2 more tablespoons of sherry, and cook 5 more minutes. Puree in a blender, food processor, or using hand immersion blender. Serve immediately.
Calories: 97kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.03gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.3gSodium: 851mgPotassium: 85mgFiber: 2gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 500IUVitamin C: 54.5mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 0.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.