By Lisa Shanken
September 17, 2015
- 1 15 oz can Lentils rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Wheat Germ
- 1/4 cup Flax Meal
- 1 cup oats old fashioned
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup zucchini cut in very thin slices
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 cup favorite tomato sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add onion, carrots, and zucchini and cook 3 minutes.
- Combine wheat germ, flax meal, and oats into large bowl, then add cooked vegetable mixture.
- Mix well, and then add ketchup, oregano, salt, pepper, and soy sauce and continue to mix.
- Add egg white to mixture and coat well throughout.
- In a bread loaf pan, add entire mixture and shape with hands so that sides are rounded at the “corners.”
- Top with sauce, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Calories: 496kcalCarbohydrates: 72gProtein: 23gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 481mgPotassium: 932mgFiber: 18gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 5300IUVitamin C: 19.8mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 7.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.