By Lisa Shanken
August 10, 2015
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 Carrot peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes (plain - no seasonings) drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 small can Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (Kosher salt works best)
- Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- In large sauce pan, heat olive oil.
- Add onion and carrot, and sauté 5-10 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add garlic and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add drained diced tomatoes, water, and tomato paste, and bring to a boil.
- After begins to boil, simmer on medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add basil, salt, and pepper, and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and using handheld chopper or blender, puree to desired consistency.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.