By Lisa Shanken
August 2, 2015
- 1 head Romaine lettuce washed and dried
- 1 cup red cabbage coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cucumber skin on, sliced into 1/4 inch discs
- 1 whole Carrot sliced into small discs
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1/2 cup canned garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Manzanilla olives (green pitted olives stuffed with pimento), optional
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds no shells
- 1/2 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Start by removing heart/core of romaine lettuce and coarsely breaking apart leaves and putting in a large bowl.
- Start to add cabbage, cucumbers, carrot, celery, garbanzos, and olives.
- Next sprinkle sunflower seeds on top all around, and then spread sprouts across the top of the salad.
- Dress with olive oil and salt, toss, and serve.
Calories: 241kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 5gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 1007mgPotassium: 395mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 5500IUVitamin C: 53.6mgCalcium: 150mgIron: 1.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.