By Lisa Shanken
August 21, 2015
- 2 cups Frozen Spinach thawed and well drained
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup Fresh or Defrosted Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup oats grinded
- 2 tbsp oats ground
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Heat oil in sauté pan on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and cook about a minute until you start to smell the garlic.
- Add onion and cook another 3 minutes, until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add carrots and corn, cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then add spinach and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add grinded oats, wheat germ, salt, pepper, and mix well.
- Add egg white and mix so it coats entire mixture.
- Using about a tablespoon of mixture, form into balls and line on a non-stick baking sheet. (May need to add additional oats if mixture is not solid enough for balls to stay in their shape.)
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning half way through cooking on baking sheet.
- Spinach balls should start to turn slightly golden brown.
- Serve or cook in tomato sauce for 10 minutes until heated through and serve over spaghetti.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.