Spinach and Sweet Potato Fritata
By Lisa Shanken
July 31, 2015
Spinach And Sweet Potato Fritata
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Sweet potato or yam peeled and diced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 4 Eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in medium skillet.
- Add sweet potato to skillet and cover, stirring often, and cook for about 10-15 minutes until the sweet potato softens.
- Add spinach to sweet potato in skillet, uncover, and cook just until spinach wilts.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together in a bowl. Add almond milk and salt and mix well.
- With sweet potatoes and spinach evenly spread around skillet, pour in egg and milk mixture and let is spread around the pan. Cook on medium heat, covered for about 5-7 minutes until all egg is solidified.
- Remove fritata from pan and let cool for a while. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 8 slices. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve later.
Calories: 138kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 10gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 362mgPotassium: 1051mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 10400IUVitamin C: 23.9mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 2.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.