Spicy and Sweet Squash Soup
- 2 Small Acorn Squash halved, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 onion diced
- 2 Celery Stalks diced, including leaves
- 4 cups Clear Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Grassfed butter or Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper (less or none if you don’t like it spicy)
- In a medium saucepan bring the squash, vegetables and stock to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Strain the soup and reserve the liquid.
- Using hand held blender, puree’ the solids.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the avocado oil over low heat. Stir in the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir into the puree’ along with 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, salt and pepper. If you prefer your soup thinner, add more of the reserved liquid.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.