Rach’s Creamy Mushroom Soup – Gluten Free/Dairy Free
Rach's Creamy Mushroom Soup - Gluten Free/Dairy Free
- 1 tbsp Grassfed butter (or dairy free earth balance butter)
- 3 Shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb Assorted Mushrooms 1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced, at least some white button and some shitake
- 3 tbsp Sherry
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream Can sub with coconut cream or tofutti sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk Can sub with unsweetened refrigerated coconut milk or any nut/oat milk
- 1/4 cup Chives optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven. Add shallots and garlic, and saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook over moderately high heat; saute until mushroom liquid evaporates and mush brown lightly
- Add sherry and cook until it evaporates (smoke disappears)
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir well, cooking for 3 min
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes
- Using a hand immersion blender or regular blender, pureee the soup mixture to desired taste. Can puree completely or leave some mushroom pieces.
- Pour pureed mixture back into the pot. Add in sourcream, then add in milk for more creamy effect, cooking for another 5 minutes on low heat. Add in chives, salt, and pepper and serve.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.