Pressure Cooker GF Broccoli Cheese Soup
Instant pot GF Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 tbsp Grassfed Butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups chicken bone broth or vegetable broth
- 4 cups broccoli florets small pieces
- 1 cup carrots grated or shredded
- 1 can coconut cream 14 ounce can
- 1/4 cup+2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups grated goat's milk cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup pepper to taste
- turn the pressure cooker on to the brown/sauté settings. Add in butter and let it melt
- Add in the oven and cook for 3-4 minutes, until translucent, stirring regularly
- Add in the garlic and stir, cooking another 30-60 seconds
- Add the broth, broccoli, and carrots, cover the pressure cooker, and cook for 2 minutes on high pressure
- While the soup cooks, pour the coconut cream into a large cup and add in 2 tablespoons of. cornstarch. Mix well and let sit to thicken
- In a separate glass or bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 cup of cornstarch with the cold water and mix well until the cornstarch is well integrated
- Release the pressure cooker as soon as the 2 minutes of cooking time is completed. Switch the setting to brown/sauté, and add in the water and cornstarch mixture. Mix as it comes to a boil and the soup thickens.
- Next add in the coconut milk and cornstarch mixture, and again mix as it comes to a boil again and thickens more.
- Turn all heat off on the pressure cooker, and slowly mix in the cheese as it melts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.