- 2 Portabello Mushroom Caps
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Humus
- 1/2 Roasted Red Pepper
- 4 slices cucumber discs about 1/4 inch each, skin on
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rub the smooth side of the mushroom caps with the olive oil and place on a baking sheet, oiled side down. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until mushroom caps have softened.
- Place the cooked mushroom caps on a plate, smooth side down, to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have cooled a bit, spread each one with humus on the side facing up.
- Next pile one of the caps with roasted pepper, cucumber, avocado, and sprouts. Place the second cap on top, humus side down, to make a sandwich, using the mushroom caps where bread would normally be. Eat and enjoy!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.