Lettuce “Bread” Turkey Sandwich
By Lisa Shanken
July 16, 2015
Lettuce "Bread" Turkey Sandwich
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce Wash and dried, do not cut leaves, leave large
- 1 tbsp mustard Your favorite kind
- 1/4 lb turkey fresh sliced, no nitrates (such as apple gate farms)
- 1 tbsp sauerkraut
- Lay the large leaves of lettuce stacked one on top of another in 1 pile. Take the quarter of the iceberg lettuce, and remove the top layers of the lettuce and save to throw into a salad later.
- On the top layer, spread the mustard well. Next, place the turkey so it lays out flat across the lettuce leaf with the mustard. Then spread the sauerkraut on top of the turkey. Next, start rolling the lettuce with the turkey in it so that it creates a wrap. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 34gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 253mgPotassium: 493mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 500IUVitamin C: 4.1mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 1.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.