Lettuce “Bread” Egg Salad Sandwich
By Lisa Shanken
July 16, 2015
Lettuce "Bread" Egg Salad Sandwich
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 1/4 cup celery chopped finely
- 1 tbsp yellow onion chopped finely
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper To taste
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce Washed and dried, Cut in half so have 2 quarters of a head of lettuce
- In a medium bowl, chop 2 whole eggs plus only the white of the remaining 4 eggs. Discard the 4 remaining hard yolks.
- Add the celery, onion, and mustard, and mix well until it has the consistency of egg salad. Can add more or less mustard to make more of less creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take both quarters of the iceberg lettuce, and remove the top layers of the lettuce and save to throw into a salad later.
- Spoon half the egg salad into one of the iceberg quarters and the rest into the other.
- Start to roll each lettuce and egg salad into a wrap. Can use a toothpick to hold together to make it less messy once it's rolled into a wrap. Serve immediately.
Calories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 19gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 636mgSodium: 345mgPotassium: 309mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1150IUVitamin C: 2.5mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 1.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.