Jalapeno Corn Bread – Recipe Makeover
Jalapeno Corn Bread - Recipe Makeover
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Corn Meal
- 1 cup Low Fat Milk (1%) + 1 tbsp
- 1/4 cup Apple Sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Low-Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper seeded and minced
- 2 tbsp scallions chopped
- Cornbread is a difficult recipe to make completely healthy, but this is definitely a healthier version of traditional cornbread and an indulgence once in a while. It’s a special treat for a family barbecue!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flours, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix together.
- In separate bowl, mix eggs, milk, and butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix until lumps are mostly gone.
- Mix in the cheese, scallions, and jalapeno and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking pan (like one you’d us for brownies) with butter or cooking spray (butter gives a richer taste but cooking spray is healthier) and then pour in batter.
- Bake approximately 20-25 minutes or until sticking in a toothpick and watching it come out clean.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.