- 1 lb Whole Wheat Penne
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Packed Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Packed Fresh Flat Parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas thawed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions and save ½ cup of cooking liquid on the side. Drain the pasta.
- In food processor or Hand held blender, combine ½ the cheese, oil, basil, parsley, lemon zest, and pine nuts and puree.
- In same pot that pasta was cooked in, add 1 tbsp olive oil and let heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add spinach and peas and cook 2-3 minutes until spinach wilts.
- Add reserved ½ cup pasta cooking water to pesto mixture and mix well.
- Add pasta to pot with spinach in it, then add pesto mixture and mix well over medium heat until well heated throughout.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve, using remaining parm cheese to top.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.