Dairy Free Broccoli “Cheese” Soup
Dairy Free Broccoli "Cheese" Soup
- 2 Leeks white parts only, halved and sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets about 1 large or 2 small heads
- 1 head broccoli florets cut small, stalks peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cashew cream*
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add leeks, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli stalks, and vegetable broth, and 1 cup of water to a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then lower the light and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli florets, and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using a blender or hand immersion blender, puree the vegetable mixture. Mix in cashew cream*, coconut milk, tumeric, and sea salt, and serve with a lemon wedge and drizzle of olive oil.
- *To make cashew cream, simply blend together raw, unsalted cashews to a fine consistency, and then add in a tablespoon of water to make it creamy.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.