Creamy Spinach and Basil Soup (DF)
Creamy Spinach Basil Soup (DF)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 small yukon gold potatoes peeled
- 3 cups whole basil leaves
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 ounces
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil for 1 minutes on low heat
- Add the chopped onion, raise heat to medium, and sauté for about 5 minutes, until the onion becomes translucent
- Add in the broth and peeled potatoes, and let cook at a low boil for 15 minutes, turning the potatoes every so often so they cook all over
- Remove from heat and cut potatoes into small chunks
- Add in the basil and spinach leaves, cover, and let sit for 5-10 minutes until they wilt
- Add in the coconut milk and mix all together
- Using a hand-immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the soup well.
- Serve or save for up to 3 days.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.