“Creamy” Caulifower Parsnip Soup
"Creamy" Caulifower Parsnip Soup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large parsnip peeled and sliced thin
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper optional
- 1 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil on medium heat in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Add in garlic, ginger, and onion, and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in parsnips and cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add in cauliflower florets and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cauliflower should be soft now. Removed from heat and strain out vegetable stock and put to the side. Puree the vegetables now left in the pot. Slowly mix the vegetable broth back into the vegetable puree to desired consistency.
- Place the soup on low heat, and add in the almond milk, cumin, tumeric, and cayenne pepper, mixing well.
- Heat for 5 minutes, remove from heat, add in cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.