By Lisa Shanken
November 29, 2015
- 1 Organic Chicken cut in 8ths, on the bone
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Remove the skin from all the chicken pieces.
- Heat the coconut oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and cook another two minutes.
- Add in the chicken pieces, and cover them with the entire can of crushed tomatoes. Add in the garlic and other spices, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower light to a simmer, cover, and cook for at least one hour or up to 6 hours. The longer it cooks, the more tender and falling off the bone the chicken will be.
Calories: 215kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 23gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 79mgPotassium: 100mgFiber: 3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 250IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.