Bacon Wrapped Shrimps
- 4 oz bacon (4 slices)
- 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 24 extra-large Shrimp (1 pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives minced
- Adjust an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler. Line a broiler-pan bottom with foil and cover with the slotted broiler-pan top.
- Slice each piece of bacon lengthwise into two long, thin strips, then cut each strip into three short pieces (you should have a total of 24 bacon pieces).
- Spread the bacon pieces out over four layers of paper towels on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with two more layers of paper towels.
- Microwave on high until the bacon fat begins to melt but the bacon is still pliable, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the salt, pepper, and cayenne together in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the shrimp.
- Wrap a piece of microwaved bacon around the middle of each shrimp and place on the broiler-pan top, pinning the bacon ends underneath the shrimp.
- Broil until the shrimp are pink and the edges of the bacon are brown, spinning the broiler pan around halfway through cooking, about 3 1/2 minutes.
- Skewer the shrimp and bacon with toothpicks and transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with the chives before serving.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.