Asian Shrimp Daikon “Noodle” Bowl
Asian Shrimp Daikon "Noodle" Bowl
- 2 cups daikon*
- 1/2 cup white miso
- 1 lb large shrimp uncooked (frozen or thawed), peeled and deveined,
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
- Boil water in a large Dutch oven. Once water boils, throw broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms into the water for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables to a colander.
- Using the same boiling water, next place the shrimp in the Dutch oven and let boil for about 3 minutes until the shrimp turn pink.
- Add the shrimp to the same colander to drain as the vegetables, this time discarding the water.
- Peel outer layer of daikon, and then using Spiralizer, spiralize into "noodles" using blade A.* Can peel into shreds with a peeler if you do not have a spiralizer.
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil again the the Dutch oven. Once boiling, add the miso paste, cover, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes, mixing occasionally until the miso completely dissolves.
- Once the miso soup has dissolved, add all the vegetables, shrimp, and daikon, and heat for 5 minutes on a simmer. Serve immediately.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.