Recipe – Asian Bean Wraps
By Lisa Shanken
October 11, 2015
Asian Bean Wraps
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup Cannellini or Navy Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz can Water Chestnuts drained and chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Leaves
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Reduced Sodium Tamari
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp chili oil (optional)
- 3 tbsp very hot water
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves washed, dried, tops trimmed
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Add in garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in carrots and celery and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly, until vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the beans and water chest nuts, continue stirring, and cooking another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add in spinach and scallions, mixing well, so that the heat of the vegetables wilts the spinach.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, tamari, rice wine vinegar, agave, and chili oil. Mix well.
- Slowly add in the hot water, as you continue to mix, until you get a smooth and thinner consistency.
- Turn the heat back on under the skillet to medium, and pour the peanut butter mixture onto the vegetables. Cook and mix well until they are heated all the way through.
- Lay the lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon the vegetable mixture into each leaf. Serve immediately.
Calories: 241kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 11gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 474mgPotassium: 1784mgFiber: 9gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 16650IUVitamin C: 41.3mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 3.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.