Zucchini Linguine with Dairy-Free Kale-Basil Pesto
Incorporating vegetarian meals into your diet is a great way to lose weight fast. Even substituting a typical dinner recipe for a vegetarian recipe two to three times a week can make a big difference. Initially, the proposition seems daunting, but easing into a more vegetarian-friendly diet could be just what you need to shake your current plateau or start you on a new health plan entirely. This zucchini linguine recipe is so delicious you’ll hardly even realize you’re eating healthy, much less vegetarian! Not interested in making the switch? No problem. Top this dish with shrimp or chicken for an added burst of protein.
What you’ll need (Serves 4):
- o 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- o 2 cloves garlic minced
- o 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- o 1 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- o 1 15 oz can light coconut milk
- o 3 cups Chopped Kale
- o 2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- o 1 tsp fine sea salt
- o 1/2 cup Cashew Meal or 1 cup Whole Cashews
- o 3 zucchini spiralizer blade C* or store-bought zucchini linguine
- o 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
Let’s get started:
- Heat coconut oil in sauté pan.
- Add the lemon juice, ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and kale, and cook on medium heat until kale wilts.
- Add coconut milk and kale mixture to a blender with the basil, salt, and cashew meal, and blend for a minute on medium speed until all pureed.
- Add the zucchini linguine to the now empty sauté pan and cook for 2 minutes just until warmed.
- Add the pesto mixture, heat another 2 minutes until warm.
- Serve immediately, topped with pine nuts.
- Can also add shrimp, chicken, peas, or any other topping you like to this dish!
- *The spiralizer is a great kitchen tool for healthy cooking. Find it here: amzn.to/1IFQQBy
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.