Lemon Thyme Halibut Recipe
Finding recipes that the whole family will enjoy can be challenging, but luckily solutions do exist. When you’re pressed for time and in need of an easy dinner recipe, don’t panic. Our Lemon Thyme Halibut is an easy dinner recipe that will keep you on track to meet your weight loss goals. Naturally high in protein and rich in essential nutrients, like vitamin D and B-12, this recipe delivers a healthy option that takes less than thirty minutes to prepare
For Starters, you’ll need (Serves 4):
You’ll need a basting brush, baking sheet (optional), aluminum foil
4 4 oz Halibut Fillets
1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp garlic minced
2 tbsp fresh thyme
3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Begin by preheating oven to 400 degrees. A barbeque grill works just fine as well and should be set to medium-high and allow to preheat.
2. Lay out your halibut fillets and, using a basting brush, brush the halibut fillets with olive oil. Then mince garlic and thyme leaves before spreading them on top of fillets.
3. Take your lemons or lemon juice and squeeze fresh lemon juice over fillets. Next, sprinkle your fillets with fresh sea salt (Himalayan salt is a great, healthy alternative for sea salt if available).
4. Place your fillets directly on your grill or, if using an oven, place them on a baking sheet before popping them in. Cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness of your fillets (halibut is ready when the fish starts to flake).
5. Remove from grill or oven and immediately cover the fillets tightly with aluminum foil for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes of sitting covered with foil, remove, serve, and enjoy.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.