Gluten Free Apple Pear Blueberry Crisp
If you’re like me, you’re always looking for an excuse to satisfy that sweet-tooth. Unfortunately, the terms “dessert” and “weight loss” rarely coincide. Luckily, there’s still hope. Fruit offers the (natural) sugar-packed punch of all great desserts while still keeping true to any good diet plan. This apple pear blueberry crisp makes for a nutritious, sweet treat that won’t pile on the calories. With a gluten-free crust made with oats and brown sugar, this crisp will be a family favorite that won’t crash your diet.
What you’ll need (Serves 6):
Pie plate (9 inch), two separate bowls to mix filling and topping
- · 4 cups apples sliced, peeled, and cut (about 4 small apples)
- · 2 cups pears sliced, peeled, and cut (about 2 medium)
- · 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or defrosted from frozen
- · 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- · 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
2 cups GF oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
Let’s get started:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice, peel, and cut four cups of apples and two cups of pears.
- In one of the bowls, combine your prepped apples, pears, and blueberries. Add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and toss with ¼ cup lemon juice to prevent browning (Note: toss with your hands to get all fruit covered).
- Place in a greased glass pie plate (9 inch plate).
- Combine 2 cups of gluten-free oats, ½ cup coconut flour, 1 cup brown sgar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¾ cup unsalted softened butter in a separate bowl from the fruit.
- With your fingers, mix in butter gently until it resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle your topping over your filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 60 minutes or until crumbs brown.
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.