Don’t Get Your Gut In A Rut: Tri-Wellness Challenge
I hope you are faring well as we continue to stay home.
In my last newsletter, I shared a “no-equipment needed” full body strength-training workout.
Watching Ellen Degeneres the other day, I was inspired to create a healthy home challenge to boost your immune strength, avoid stir-craziness, and keep your body moving!
Today I introduce to you the Tri-Wellness Challenge.
Here's how it works:
Your job is to complete the 3 part challenge yourself (shown below), and then challenge 2 other people to do the Tri-Wellness Challenge (one of whom can be your accountability partner – which is always ideal).
Then you’ll encourage both of those people to pass the challenge along to 2 other people.
Spreading the workout to others will spread the gift of health and wellness!
Here are the 3 parts of the Tri-Wellness Challenge:
- Complete the workout shown below 3 times per week.
- Make 70% of your daily diet come from plant-based foods. Plant based foods are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and other vitamins, all of which reduce inflammation… and therefore boost immune strength.
You don't have to get into heavy calculations to make sure you are following this recommendation. In general, just try to make sure your meals/snacks are about 2/3 full of plant-based foods like vegetables and whole grains.
Anything that grows in the ground and does not require a lot of processing to get it from the ground to your plate qualifies as plant-based.
Feel free to accompany your plant-based foods with a lean protein such as a piece of fish or chicken breast, but avoid highly processed and refined foods like sugar and white breads/pastas.
I'll start you off with some simple, delicious spring recipe ideas that are completely plant-based:
- My friends at Bobo's, makers of delicious vegan bars and snacks, can help your plant-based diet with their new delicious Nut Butter Bars.
Bobo’s is also contributing to help our health care practitioners on the frontlines of the pandemic with their Healthcare Heroes program, where every purchase gives food to healthcare workers.
So please consider purchasing these delicious snacks in your effort to eat healthier and help these heroes at the same time!
Please share the Tri-Wellness Challenge with as many people as you can, which will pass along health, help our amazing frontline healthcare workers, and keep us all connected!
Share in your social media channels with #Triwellnesschallenge, and let's get moving!
Here’s the workout:
- Wide Arm Pushups: 10 full range + 10 pulses + 10 second hold half-way down
- Tricep Dips: 10 full range + 10 pulses + 10 second hold half-way down
- Arm Circles: 10 forward + 10 backward
- Jumping Jacks: 60 Seconds
- Squats (feet hip distance and weight in heels): 10 full range + 10 pulses + 10 second hold
- Static Lunges (per side): 10 full range + 10 pulses + 10 second hold
- Bridge Hip Lifts: 10 full range + 10 pulses + 10 second hold
- Mountain Climbers: 60 Seconds
- Crunches (chin points up and away from chest at all times): 10 full range + 10 pulses
- Bicycle Crunches (chin points up and away from chest at all times): 20 full range + 10 pulses to each side
- Forearm Plank Hold: 60 seconds (take breaks if necessary to work your way up to 60 seconds)
Repeat Each Circuit 3 times through each day (or work your way up to that).
My passion is to help you live your healthiest and most harmonious life, but in a way that’s realistic and practical for you as a unique individual on this planet. My philosophy is all about “balance,” never a diet since a diet is not sustainable for life, aka Kill The Diet.