I love a good burrito, but often the store-bought or restaurant burritos are huge, full of cheese and rice, and overall fat-laden. How can you get the best of both worlds? My solution is two-fold: get rid of the unnecessary fat and carbs by eliminating cheese and rice, and add delicious veggies to up the vitamin and mineral content! Avocado and salsa maintain the authentic Mexican cuisine taste, and black beans give a dose of protein to this yummy wrap. Try my healthy, delicious option tonight!
- 1/4 cup zucchini quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup eggplant skin on, diced
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 tbsp canned black beans rinsed and drained
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet, and add the onions. Saute for 2 minutes. Add in the zucchini, eggplant, and mushrooms, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until all the vegetables have softened.
- Spread the whole wheat wrap out on a piece of aluminum foil. Spoon the vegetables into the wrap.
- Next add in the black beans.
- Add in the avocado and spread it on top of the black beans.
- Place the fresh cilantro leaves on top of the avocado.
- Lastly, spread the salsa on top.
- Begin by rolling one side of the burrito on top of the fillings.
- Next fold each side in.
- Then wrap the other side on top of the folded sides, and wrap the foil around it to secure the burrito shape.
- Bake in the foil for 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy.